Welcome to kindergarten at Hopkins Public Schools! We encourage young learners to pursue their interests, find their purpose, and discover their talents.
Choosing a school is one of the most important decisions that you will make for your child. In Hopkins, we believe in relationships. Our scholars are at the center of everything we do. When students feel heard, seen, and valued, they can do their very best work — that's why love is one of our core values.
We are excited to partner with you and your upcoming kindergartner. We host several year-before-kindergarten events designed to help you get to know your school community and learn more about our kindergarten program, which is centered in your child's academic, social, and emotional success. Learn more about these events below. Be a part of our student-centered school community.
Our kindergarten options:
- All-day kindergarten with integrated Spanish curriculum at 6 elementary schools in Golden Valley, Hopkins, and Minnetonka.
- Chinese immersion kindergarten, offered to all families, located at Eisenhower Elementary.
- Spanish immersion kindergarten, offered to all families, located at Eisenhower Elementary.
Explore Kindergarten Virtual Adventure
Experience a day in the life of a Hopkins kindergartener with six interactive virtual activities that will bring you all around our district. This adventure is fun for the whole family!
- 2021 Kindergarten Bridge — Prepare for your child's upcoming kindergarten experience.
- Explore Kindergarten Virtual Adventure
- Kindergarten Information Session Videos
- Chinese and Spanish Immersion Kindergarten Information Session Video
- Kindergarten Roundup Event Videos
- Kindergarten Playground Nights at Your School
For questions about kindergarten enrollment, contact our Enrollment Center at Enrollment@HopkinsSchools.org or call 952-988-4110. For questions about our kindergarten curriculum, please contact our Innovation, Design and Learning team at 952-988-4036.